Wednesday, May 16, 2007

New Beginnings, New Moon in Taurus

Those of you who know me know that I'm a devotee of the practice of astrology, but you may not know it all started when I was twelve. So how did that happen. Well, remember the little scrolls at the supermarket checkout counters back in the early 70's? Some of you won't. But that's where I first learned about astrology and about my sign, Aquarius. Back then my mom would take me shopping, and if I wasn't tagging along asking her to explain why she wouldn't buy Welch's grape juice - please, pretty please pretty please, but she was boycotting it in support of Cesar Chavez and the farmworkers struggle in the California Central Valley - then I was lurking near the checkout counter surreptitiously unrolling the tiny scroll and reading about who I was and what was going to happen. I liked being identified with the words humanitarian, independent, and rebellious. So my awareness of astrology and taking a stand politically began in the aisles of Ralph's on the corner of Coldwater Canyon and Magnolia in Sherman Oaks. It seems fitting, then, to choose astrology as the first topic for my first blog, and on the day of the new moon in Taurus, when I am at at crossroads in my professional life. The following quote from Lisa Miller, posting on http://astrotribe.tribe.net/thread/8c60ac6a-a031-419b-ac55-fdf6879d585e, expresses perfectly what's happening for me at this juncture. Maybe someone else who reads this will feel the same. Thank you, Lisa.

"Taurus needs to enjoy its work. So if you make your living doing what you love, you are way ahead of the game. But if you spend your time at a job you despise because you can't figure out how to get paid to do what you love, this is the New Moon to work on changing that reality. This basically comes down to building self-confidence, believing in the value of your talent and then doing the work. Creativity isn't about genius; it is really about giving from the heart. Anything, when done well (even sidewalk sweeping) can be satisfying and creative work."

2 comments:

k said...

Because pisces and aquarius are absolutely the BEST signs...;)...i think you should write something about them!! ;) love you!! <333

k said...

Carlo here: I love reading what Mom said to you - that she was boycotting Welch's grape juice in support of Cesar Chavez's cause....You never told me this but it doesn't surprise me that Mom did that. You have an amazing memory. And good for Mom..