Sunday, June 10, 2007

Congratulations, Jennie and Derek!


I think this is what true love looks like! I'm so happy for my friend Jennie, who was married in Italy last month to her longtime love, Derek. Excuse me, but how much more romantic can you get? Congratulations to both!

Jennie is a true-blue friend, one of the warmest-hearted strong-loving women I know. I met her ten years ago when we were in the trenches together at the Jeffer, Mangels law firm and found that we shared writing aspirations. She gave me my copy of "The Writer's Way" by Julia Cameron, with the inscription: "Somewhere inside you is a brilliant story that only you can tell. I hope this book helps bring that story out of you and into the light." That right there tells you what a great friend she is. And she's super creative - like, organizing gals-only champagne-driven ornament-decorating parties every holiday season in the charming Encino home she shares with Derek and two adorable canines, Babe and Rufus. Like me, she's a proud native-born San Fernando Valley Girl, and you can explore her blog here: www.valleygirly.blogspot.com.

No comments: