Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!


Fierce Santa Ana winds blowing outside this Christmas Eve! I love being inside with my Winter Solstice tree (below, except the pretty white sparkly lights don't show).

I dined this evening at Ca del Sole with my mom and Cindy, saw Gigi last night, went to Tangie's "pamper" party (which turned out to be a huge Mary Kay pitch, but it was fun to be on the old Cardiff property again). I've had just the right balance of socializing and lone wolf time this Yuletide season. The flu had me in bed for several days with a temperature and sore throat so bad I could barely swallow. Although I was miserable, the down time did allow me to actually finish "The Mandarins" by Simone de Beauvoir well before the January book club due date! Now I'm into "Away" by Amy Bloom, which I hear is one of the best books of 2007. I hope some of the other 2008 bests are waiting for me wrapped up under that tree you see above! Fortunately I got all my Christmas gifts done and wrapped and sent before I collapsed with the flu.

So I'll be in here L.A. with Mom and Cindy this year. Although it would have been fantastic to go up to Astoria, Oregon, to share Christmas with Carolyn, Erik, and especially my niece Katie, I generally avoid the crazy holiday travels. But I like to think about the look on Katie's face when she opens up the ______ [blank in case she reads this before tomorrow] I ordered for her especially from Juliet's Dream! That, and the cashmere sweater and Chanel _________.

Merry Christmas and love love love to all my friends and family who visit this blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you probably didn't get my Christmas card, 'cause I didn't know you were back on Hartsook St. It was a good one, too: a little cartoon I drew, of Santa kicking back in a swimsuit on a lounge chair, as if he's at the beach, but then it says "Merry x-mas from the North Pole!" Just some dark, twisted, global-warming holiday humor from yr old Berkeley pal.